This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfway There - Movers & Shakers - 2017

Well gang - the year is already half over! Hopefully everyone is having a good summer.

Carol and Claudette - I'm sure you're both keeping busy and up and at 'em !

Amy - are you still moving and grooving ?

Spruce - are you still coming to visit now and again ?

Anyone else lurking in the background ?

Since we're not bustling with activity, this thread will be open until who knows ?

Hi, Shadow! Yes, I'm still moving and shaking, although I took time off for a sinus infection.

I've heard from Ammy recently. Claudette and the Goose haven't stopped by in a long time!

I peek in every couple of days, but haven't been commenting. Sorry!

I did hear that Dr. Mike is working on a new book, not an update. That's all I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by gitfiddle View Post
      Hi, Shadow! Yes, I'm still moving and shaking, although I took time off for a sinus infection.
      So sorry you had that - but very glad you took care of yourself !

I've heard from Ammy recently. Claudette and the Goose haven't stopped by in a long time!
      Sigh.... Hopefully they are all well.

I peek in every couple of days, but haven't been commenting. Sorry!
      I do the same thing so no worries !

I did hear that Dr. Mike is working on a new book, not an update. That's all I've heard.
      Huh - that might be interesting !

Comment

I'm forgetting to check in regularly, but I'm on the airdyne for a half hour or more at least five out of seven! It's not boring, because I've got the rock n roll music on to keep the pace. I know you that, but I just thought you'd like to hear it again.

Comment

I always love hearing it !!!! I knew you were keeping on keeping on but just listening to it does my heart good !

Comment

Hi, fellow exercisers,
            Taking lunch today(a rare event, even at my desk), so I decided to check in.

As always, Shadow & Carol, I do some kind of exercise at least 4 times a week.
            ( I can always "see" your photo with a horseshow quirt in your hand if I don't exercise! ).

Today, will be Callanetics II, 25minutes on the Treadclimber.
            This am: upper body weights 3 lb ones. (arms are looking better).

Carol, take care of yourself and get over the sinus infection.

Wish Dr. Mikes book would stir up some activity on the board again.

Here is to continued "moving & shaking".

Comment

Claudette - So glad to see you !!! I knew you'd be moving it but I love to hear about it anyway ! Take care and keep in touch when you can! And of course, keep on moving and shaking !!!!

Comment

Good afternoon, Ya'll,

Taking a (rare) lunch break, so decided to post. Seems like when I get home there is so much to do as I help our son & DIL with the grandkids and then it is time for them to leave and time for me to go to bed, etc.

As always, I do some sort of exercise 4 days a week, usually in the morning before leaving for work. That way, I have absolutely no excuse for not exercising.
                I am still doing the Treadclimber, mini-trampoline, upper body hand weights, Callanetics for core work, other stretching at my home.

I am excited about a new venture happening in our little town.
                It was spear headed by the exercise trainer (retired from work) at my church., and called "Shape up ------(name of our town)". Two or three near by hospitals and two orthopedic physicians, plus our Mayor as also involved. Starting this fall, in the small parks all over our town, there will be so many "exercise classes" (free of charge) for anyone to attend. From M-F, on different days, during the day and in the evening there will be a schedule on our church website for anyone to see. There will be prizes, T-shirts, etc to spur us on.
                I am going to begin the Yoga class again with weight work on M-Th night at my church. I am considering a line dancing class in a park near me on Tuesday nights. I have committed to join a walking group, (starting Sept 28th, when the heat is hopefully diminishing) which I am insisting my DH walk with me.
                So, I will keep you posted on how it all goes.
                I am also bugging my grandkid's dance teacher to begin a "mature" adult dance class, (tap, jazz, or combo of both with ballet) at her studio. I then could dance in the recital next May with my grandkids. They think that would be fun and I do too.

So, dear Shadow, there is another committed exercise person in this world that loves exercise as much as you and inspires others to get moving!

To continuing to be fit in 2017!

Comment

Claudette - So great to "see" you !!! I am always so happy to hear your reports ! And wow - that IS exciting news! Hopefully the dance teacher will get with the program too. But you are going to be one busy lady - like you're not busy enough now ! Please keep us posted!!!!

You always keep ME inspired and hopefully anyone who reads your enthusiastic reports will become infected with your enthusiasm, too!

Praying you didn't get overwhelming rain like so many did down there!!!! Please let us know that you are safe !

Comment

Working...
                  X