No announcement yet.

Movers and Shakers - Spring Into Action 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's just us again, eh? Weather is more spring like here, which is nice.

Doc says things are looking good and I'm gaining lots of muscle. Of course that skews the weight loss factor, and I have no idea, but I've put it out of my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by gitfiddle View Post
      Looks like it's just us again, eh? Weather is more spring like here, which is nice.
      Yup...

Doc says things are looking good and I'm gaining lots of muscle.
      Most awesome, my friend !!!

Of course that skews the weight loss factor, and I have no idea, but I've put it out of my mind.
      Wise decision, grasshopper !!!!!! Your shape will still get smaller - so that # is irrelevant compared to that !

Comment

Hi, Shadow! Exercises are going well. I have been having diziness that doesn't seem to be sinus related, at least doesn't respond to nasal spray and antibiotics. I'm still hoping it's spring allergies. It's like having Jello in my head with no other symptoms. I may drop in on the chiro. Other than that, life is good!

I hope you're doing well and enjoying exercising in the great outdoors!

Comment

Hi, Shadow!
          Hi !
          Exercises are going well.
          Awesome !
          I have been having diziness that doesn't seem to be sinus related, at least doesn't respond to nasal spray and antibiotics. I'm still hoping it's spring allergies. It's like having Jello in my head with no other symptoms.
          Oh dear - don't fall down ! Are you maybe low on electrolytes?
          I may drop in on the chiro.
          Nice !
          Other than that, life is good!
          Glad to hear it !

I hope you're doing well and enjoying exercising in the great outdoors!
          I've actually been doing most of it indoors - we're just now entering "spring". Parts of the state got 3 feet of snow just a couple days ago. Thankfully, we just got rain!

I pulled an arm muscle about 6 weeks ago and I'm thinking I may have to take a break to allow it to heal. I never feel like I'm aggravating it when I exercise (or I stop doing what seems to) but afterwards, it's touchy all day long....sigh....

Comment

I don't seem to heal up as quickly as I once did, either, my friend. I always dislike getting "take it easy" advice, so I won't give it.

Now that you mention it, I remember hearing about your snow! I've already got a flower basket on my front porch. I heard a ruckus of birds fighting over it the other day. Three sets of house finches! Not sure if we have tenants now or if they all left in a huff. Time will tell.

Comment

I don't seem to heal up as quickly as I once did, either, my friend. I always dislike getting "take it easy" advice, so I won't give it.
              How nice of you, lol! Heaven knows I'm a LOT better at dishing it out than I am at taking it ...... But it never ceases to amaze me how everything is attached! The head bone really IS connected to the toe bone !

Now that you mention it, I remember hearing about your snow!
              Yup - that's us. But on the bright side, this coming weekend I will not be planting in snow and rain like I normally do ! We're actually to be sunny and upper 60s!
              I've already got a flower basket on my front porch.
              You obviously don't have the deer we do !
              I heard a ruckus of birds fighting over it the other day. Three sets of house finches! Not sure if we have tenants now or if they all left in a huff. Time will tell.
              Mercy me ! I guess I thought nests were first come, first serve! Who'd have thought there'd be such a to-do! Maybe you need to have MORE flower baskets on your porch !

Comment

That was brought up, but watching one nice hanging basket deteriorate because I can't water it is as much as I can stand! I definitely have chirps going on in there now. At least our weather has been rainy...

Comment

That was brought up, but watching one nice hanging basket deteriorate because I can't water it is as much as I can stand!
                  That would be tough to see !
                  I definitely have chirps going on in there now.
                  Yeah !
                  At least our weather has been rainy...
                  Blessings abound if we pay attention !

Comment

Nothing new for me here except we're finally looking more like summer instead of monsoon season. Tourist season has arrived, bringing a string of festivals and a ton of traffic!

I hop on my airdyne almost every day, but there were a couple of twisting moves that pulled my neck muscles, so Doc advised to drop them. Maybe they'd be OK for a teenager, but I guess I'll have to "act my age". I still have my vintage rock music station to keep the pace up, though!

I hope you're doing well?
                    Last edited by gitfiddle; 06-06-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Nothing new for me here except we're finally looking more like summer instead of monsoon season.
                      I'm sure you're glad to see the sun again !
                      Tourist season has arrived, bringing a string of festivals and a ton of traffic!
                      Must be all of those TV ads !

I hop on my airdyne almost every day, but there were a couple of twisting moves that pulled my neck muscles, so Doc advised to drop them.
                      Wise advice !
                      Maybe they'd be OK for a teenager, but I guess I'll have to "act my age".
                      Nah - just use a bit of discretion here or there !
                      I still have my vintage rock music station to keep the pace up, though!
                      You go, girl !

I hope you're doing well?
                      Yup . Still messing w/ this sore arm but other than that, on top of the world, lol!

Comment

Hello, y'all,

MIA, but I have been on an exercise schedule.

Am: M-F: Mini-Treadclimber for 15-20 minutes, interval training, Callanetics for total body work(shaping)
                        Pm: Upper body weights, walking with hubby or 15-20minutes on the Treadclimber.

Hopefully, the Yoga class at my church will start up again.

Still at 12ish lbs lost, but can wear a size 12 in pants,shorts(burmuda) or capris' which is an improvement from the 16-18 I used to wear.
                        I can wear some Large tops, down from an Extra-large.

Will keep the exercise indoors as the Texas summer is upon us.

Here is to keeping on exercising!

Comment

Hi, Claudette! I was just checking to see if we were in business again and here you are! I understand the inside exercise. Up here in Michigan it's too hot already, so I can only imagine what you're experiencing.

Good for you for keeping such a good schedule. I hope your yoga classes start up to add some variety. I've been riding my airdyne daily, changing the routine and the music when it gets dull.

Comment

Claudette - it's great so "see" you !
                            Originally posted by Claudette View Post
                            Hello, y'all, MIA, but I have been on an exercise schedule.
                            I had no doubts !

Still at 12ish lbs lost, but can wear a size 12 in pants,shorts(burmuda) or capris' which is an improvement from the 16-18 I used to wear.
                            I can wear some Large tops, down from an Extra-large.
                            Isn't it awesome to see all that hard work paying off ?

Here is to keeping on exercising!
                            Indeed!

Comment

I've been riding my airdyne daily, changing the routine and the music when it gets dull.
                              Well done, grasshopper !

Comment

Working...
                              X