This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge: 2017 Suit up and show up?

Hi, All! This is where we pick an area of recovery that appeals to everyone and have an exchange of ideas. Please feel free to ask questions about Protein Power, food plans. We are here only to support YOU!
    Last edited by gitfiddle; 12-30-2016, 03:36 PM.

Happy New Year!
    Here is continued weigh loss in 2017!

Comment

Same to you, Claudette! Glad you're feeling better now.

Comment

Hi, y'all,

Still coughing, but asthma is improved. It is going to be 80 today.
        If we could have a real fall, our allergies would be so much better!

Menu for today:
        B. Isopure whey unflavored in coffee, cream, pgx fiber,
        S. mixed nuts
        L. Homemade green olive pimento cheese, lettuce, tea(unsweetened)
        S. Two deviled eggs
        D. Hamburger steak, spaghetti squash, green salad w Italian dressing.

Here is to a 'lighter' week.

Comment

Claudette, I agree that the weather often plays a part in recovery. That said, we're bouncing from the thirties (F) to single digits every few days with an influenza outbreak going around.

Your menu looks yummy!

Comment

Hi, Y'all,
            Asthma got worse this past week, and I ended up in the doc's office. On steroids, and nebulizer,etc.
            I still on plan,but more low carb than usual. Still, since Dec 5th, I as now down 12 lbs since the weight at the doc's office.
            I am hanging in there.
            '

Comment

Oh dear, Claudette!! That sounds like a rather serious challenge. Can you still go to work? I wish you the best, including a speedy recovery.

Impressive weight loss for the record!

Comment

Hi, all,
                Here we are in Feb. Hope all are doing well. Today, my hubby won a chili Cook off at our church, LC no beans and still it was delicious.
                Finally, am feeling better. Still at the same level, but am wear a size smaller jeans.

Here is to a great week.

Comment

Hi! I'm happy you're finally feeling better, Claudette. Congrats on the smaller size, too! I always have been puzzled, but delighted, when I get a size drop even though the weight hasn't. Just the body playing playing "catch up" I guess.

Comment

!
                    Hi, ya'll,

Feb 10th DH & I celebrated 44 years married. Pretty exciting I think. We celebrated on Saturday night by going to the symphony to hear Beethovan's 5th and something I had never heard from Raspaghegi? I a

We ate dinner before the concert in the symphony hall at their restaurant, even with my small taste of the Bread Pudding I am still the same on the scale. Rare and fun.

I am still the same size dress, but I can now wear a size 14 jeans comfortably and I even got a size 12 buttoned the other day.

Whoo hoo!

It sure is quiet around here, but maybe the oldie goldies will decide to return with some new ones too.

Here is to a great week.

Happy Valentine's Day! I am bringing cupcakes iced to work tomorrow that I don't particularly like.

I received a pair of Anniversary/Valentine earrings that I love and that have no carbs to worry about!

Hugs,

Comment

Hi, Claudette! Nice to hear from you again! Happy Anniversary! And Valentines Day!

Beethoven's Fifth was my favorite piece when I was a kid. Probably still is.

I'm glad to hear about your considerable progress. No carbs in the earrings: True and funny at the same time!

Comment

Hello - just wanted you all to know I'm still alive and kicking!
                        No free time lately to do fun things like check in here, but everyone is gone today for Presidents day so I'm taking the time today!

I bought my wedding dress (wedding scheduled for October), then promptly gained 12lbs. How does that happen???? Oh yes, I know how...I'm a food addict.
                        But I'm back to sticking to my plan like glue and am down 5 of the 12.

I am also officially in menopause, so my dr just assured me I would be gaining weight. Then she said something about Wheat Belly and I said I don't eat wheat then she said that I may be immune from menopause belly???
                        I don't know, all I know is that when I eat carbs I gain weight. So I can't. Or not more than my 45 ecc of allowed carbs.

I did a brief read through the posts, glad to see you are all still here!
                        Carol, do you have snow? We have been in the 60s so our snow is gone and we're wearing shorts. Claudette, did I see it was 80??? Holy moly!! I forgot where you are located...

Comment

Hi, y'all,

I am over at my son's house as our internet is out until Thursday when we have to change to U-Verse. Only time for a quick post.

Ammy, so glad to 'see' you again. Don't worry, you will loose the weight before your wedding. You only gain weight as you have stated eating carbs,
                          wheat and go over your 45ecc/day.
                          Carol, how are you doing ?

So, I will either check in or if I can at work or will see ya'll Thursday night.

Oh, I am now wearing size 14 jeans/pants, and I comfortably buttoned a size 12 (small amount of muffin top going, but will soon be able to wear).

On plan and exercising daily!

Comment

Hi, Ammy! I was wondering how you were doing. Congratulations on your marriage plans, too!

A word of advice: menopause is a whole different world, where what we used to do to lose a few extra pounds no longer works like it used to. Protein Power is still your best friend, though. Ketogenic

Haven't seen snow since early December, but they tell me reality starts this weekend. Can't complain, though, because I've been making the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudette View Post

Oh, I am now wearing size 14 jeans/pants, and I comfortably buttoned a size 12 (small amount of muffin top going, but will soon be able to wear).

On plan and exercising daily!

Good for you, Claudette!!!

I'm also on plan and exercising daily. Losing inches, but apparently gaining muscle at the exact same rate that I'm burning fat. Time for a course adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                              X