Body building Daily Food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body building Daily Food

I am hoping to be very good in food selection for my body building objective.I have start using

homemade smoothies made with milk, soy milk or yogurt
    fruit or fruit juice
    low fat cheese and crackers
    carbohydrate based energy bars and granola bars
    yogurt and fruit
    whole grain bagel or bread with nut butter
    Green tea

What you will suggest for you and others as well.

Re: Body building Daily Food

Hello. I don't seem much protein in there. That's the only macronutrient that can be used to build and repair/maintain muscle. Granted fat is required for life too. Bodybuilders sometimes cycle carbohydrate intake to achieve very low body fat %; also insulin is anabolic so they incorporate the carbohydrates to get the insulin boost too.

Comment

Re: Body building Daily Food

If I ate like that, I don't care if I worked out at the gym all day and night..I would weigh 400 pounds. Insulin is a fat storage hormone and I am so insulin resistant that I would be starving and want to eat constantly .

Comment

If you're interested in gaining muscle you need to consume at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean muscle mass. I don't know if you are a man or a woman, but assume your a male.....for the average male that is in semi good condition (not obese) it would mean you need to eat 150 to 189 grams of protein per day. Slightly up your carb intake on days you work out. Only do cardio for warm ups. You have to feed your muscle, it will not take anything from your body to build so you need to supply it. Serious "natural" bodybuilders will consume 200 to 250 grams per day The above assumes you're not just playing at working out...it means you are putting in a solid hard workout for 45 min to 1 hour. Always have a protein shake or eat within 30 minutes after a work out. (this mean protein) You can mix in some BCAA's with a protein shake after training also. Just as you had to adjust and learn how your body would react to a Ketogenic Diet plan, you will have to learn how to adjust your eating for body building. including an increase in carbs.

Comment

By the way, dump your diet plan....it's a disaster. A bagel? Really. You need to do more study.

Comment

Working...
          X