Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krill Oil, Fish Oil and Curcumin

Dr. Eades,

I was reading an article that you posted some time ago regarding taking Kril Oil, Fish Oil and Curcumin. I can't seem to remember the protocol that you gave and how to take these products. Can you advise how to take the protocol and what products you use in taking this protocol. Are they the products you offer on your website (Krill, Pro Omega by Nordic Natural and Curcumin w/ Bioperine)

Thanks,

Jason

Re: Krill Oil, Fish Oil and Curcumin

Jason, Hi.
    The Drs. Eades don't usually pop into the forum to read posts, so addressing this to them won't, unfortunately, get you an answer from them.
    However, others may be willing to share how they use krill oil and curcumin. To find the blog post where Mike mentioned it, you may want to try searching his blog at the link at the top of the page.
    Welcome in!

Comment

Welcome Jason. These blog links and the comments might get you started.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/a...your_nsai.html
      http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/a...krill_oil.html

Comment

I've become a True Believer in terms of Curcumin. Bioperine makes it far more bioavailable--but note that it also maeks other things in your diet more available, too. (This is generally a good thing, but can be a problem if you are on medication!)

I use this formulation from Life Extension. Their website also has excellent research info on curcumin.

An option that is slightly cheaper is to buy curcumin extract at a health food store and take several times more. For that matter, you can also just gobble down large amounts of turneric--and there isn't any reason I know of to avoid large amounts of turmeric. (Be warned, however, that in the same way B vitmains will turn your urine birght yellow, large amounts of curcumin will tend to make your bowel movements a bit orange. Turmeric is the stuff Buddhist monks use to dye their robes that saffron color. Boy, does it stain...!)

Comment

Turmeric is only about 5% curcumin - so to get even a single dose (800mg) you would need to "gobble down" 16g which is a lot! - and of course more if you do the twice a day thing. On top of that turmeric is about 50% net carbs - not a big deal with a teaspoon in a curry ... but mega amounts ...

Not so sure about Bioperine - remember LE are selling as well as justifying - but I use a fair bit for freshly ground black pepper anyway ...

Comment

Originally posted by mcsblues View Post
            Not so sure about Bioperine - remember LE are selling as well as justifying - but I use a fair bit for freshly ground black pepper anyway ...
            There's a fair amount of science supporting bioperine and nutrient absorption--enough that the medical establishment has become concerned about what it does to prescribed meds.

I do know some folks who wolf down handfuls of 00 capsules of turmeric (they contend that the benefits aren't only from the curcumin, but from the whole food).

I've always stuck to the extract, which is plenty cheap even for large dosages, or to the LE formulation, which gets it down to two capsules per day.

I agree about LE--it's hard to tell if their magazine is a magazine or a catalog. On the other hand, what they decide to sell seems to follow the science, and at least they tend to provide analyses and references--something sadly lacking in most vitamin sellers.

Comment

Working...
            X