What is Jaret toast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Jaret toast?

Some recipes in PP list Jaret toast as an ingredient. I've never heard of it before and Google can't find a decent answer. So, what is it?

Re: What is Jaret toast?

GeorgeX5, I'm not sure to which recipes you're referring.
    Are they in the first book, Protein Power, or in some other book(s)?

I know that some of Fran McCullough's "Low Carb Cookbook" recipes use Wasa RyCrisp, which is a type of thin, crispy cracker sometimes called rye toast--but I don't recall Jaret Toast being used in any of the recipes. If you could point me to some specific use, I might be able to tell you what the recipe intended.

Comment

It's in Protein Power in some of the breakfast recipes but I haven't a clue what it is either!

Comment

Just finished the Protein Power book this AM and saw this. Page 253 of Protein Power in the "Going for the Crunch" box at top of page defines Jaret toast as melba toast.

Alan

Comment

Thanks for the info. Another alternative might be Ryvita, which has some protein and low carbs.

Comment

There's another rye cracker, called Finn Crisp, that's smaller and thinner than ryvita and that I use sometimes - but I don't know if you can get them in America.

Comment

Finally thought I'd pop in to see if you ever got an answer.

We do have Finn Crisp in Michigan stores.

My new favorite crunch is any of the Mary's Gone Crackers, made from brown rice, flax seed and sesame seed. They're somewhere around 1ecc each and make a great dipping cracker as well as having a satisfying crunch. They're free of all kinds of things, including gluten. Several different flavors.

I currently get them at a local health food store.

Comment

Working...
              X